The Development Assistant will join J. at an exciting moment and play an important role in our efforts to reach the next level. We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, talented individual to help us get there.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Development Assistant will work closely with the Development Director providing general administrative support.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Processing donations
- Data entry of donations into Little Green Light, J.’s donor database
- Generating and sending out thank you letters for donations
- Helping maintain the donor database
- Work with the Development Director on all aspects of fundraising campaigns, including direct mail, eblasts and social media
Ongoing Development tasks:
- Update development and marketing and PR materials
- Donor research
- Working with the Development Committee and Board
- Ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with others.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy in data entry
- At least basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Google docs
- Passion for the mission of J. and nonprofit community journalism.
- Previous development experience or an interest in pursuing a career in development
- Some knowledge of the Bay Area Jewish community
This part-time position is available immediately in our San Francisco office. Days and hours are negotiable.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume with ‘Development Assistant Position’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about this job, please contact Allison@jweekly.com