J. The Jewish News of Northern California, a leader in nonprofit journalism, has an opening in our sales department and is seeking an account executive to sell both print and digital advertising. We are one of the most respected community media outlets in the United States, reaching over 150,000 readers a month via our print edition, website, email newsletters, and social media.
Having recently taken a major digital leap forward with a redesigned web presence, we are looking for someone with an established record of sales success, preferably with local Bay Area businesses. The Account Manager reports directly to the Publisher and will be joining our team at an exciting and critical moment in our long history, and will play a key role in the transformation of community-based media in the Bay Area. We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, talented individual to contribute to this next chapter. The position is based in our San Francisco financial district office.
The Account Manager will be responsible for calling on local clients in the Bay Area, with a focus on non-profits, real estate, food, travel, retail and the arts, with an emphasis on expanding our digital revenue. Building new business by prospecting, networking and making presentations is essential. Experience selling local media is preferred. You will start with an established book of running business. This position can be full or part-time. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Identify new potential advertisers and develop marketing strategies to help them reach J.’s audience
- Develop presentations that incorporate digital, email and print products in our suite of marketing opportunities.
- Collaborate with our art department on creating ad campaigns.
- Work closely with the Publisher on new business development, with a plan and strategy to achieve desired results.
- General sales or media sales experience preferred
- Print and digital ad sales experience is a plus
- Strong and persuasive presentation and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship building, internally and externally
- Ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with others
- Passionate commitment to the mission of the organization and nonprofit journalism
- Some knowledge of the Bay Area Jewish community.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume with ‘Ad Sales Position’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org