A hearing on a weapons order for Ross Farca, the Concord man arrested last month after making violent threats against Jews online, was postponed.
The proceeding scheduled for Monday, July 15, to litigate a temporary gun violence restraining order for the 23-year-old, was continued until Aug. 5, a lawyer involved in the case said. Farca will remain prohibited from purchasing, possessing or handling weapons until then.
Farca was arrested on June 10 after an anonymous tipster reported he was threatening a mass shooting against Jews online, under the screen name “Adolf Hitler (((6 MILLION))).” A search of Farca’s Concord home turned up an illegally-assembled assault rifle, over a dozen high-capacity magazines and Nazi literature, police said.
In an interview with J., Farca’s lawyer Joseph Tully of the defense firm Tully & Weiss said his client is autistic and that he did not intend to convey a threat.
“In his mind he was not making a threat that he intended anyone to take seriously,” Tully said.
Farca faces three felony charges including manufacturing and possessing an illegal assault weapon and making criminal threats. He is scheduled to appear in Contra Costa County Superior Court for a preliminary hearing in the criminal case on July 30.