On March 11, Japan was hit by a devastating 8.9-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami. Several Jewish organizations are providing ways for people to donate money to assist in relief efforts.
- The Jewish Federation of the East Bay, https://secure.ujcfederations.org/ft2/form.html?__id=22005 or send checks to Attn: Japan/Pacific Emergency Relief, Jewish Federation of the East Bay, 300 Grand Ave., Oakland, CA 94610
- Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley, http://www.jvalley.org/ways-to-give/make-a-donation
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, https://jdc.org/donation/donate.aspx or send checks to Attn: JDC, P.O. Box 530, 132 E. 43rd St., New York, NY 10017
- B’nai B’rith International, http://bbi.convio.net/site/Donation2?df_id=1520&1520.donation=form1 or send checks to B’nai B’rith International Disaster Relief Fund, Attn: Japan Earthquake, 2020 K St. NW, 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20006
- Chabad of Japan, http://www.chabadjapan.org or send checks to Chabad of Japan, 1-25-18 Sanno, Ota-ku, Tokyo 143-0023 Japan
- Jewish Coalition for Disaster Relief, https://www.jdc.org/donation/donate.aspx?type=JCDR or send checks to JDC – Jewish Coalition for Disaster Relief, P.O. Box 530, 132 E. 43rd St., New York, NY 10017
- The Jewish Federations of North America, http://www.jewishfederations.org/page.aspx?id=238775 or send checks to The Jewish Federations of North America, Wall Street Station, P.O. Box 148, New York, NY 10268
- Orthodox Union, http://www.ou.org/earthquake or send checks to Orthodox Union, 11 Broadway, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10004 with “OU Earthquake Emergency Fund” in the memo line.