The homes of two of the men who are said to have planned and carried out the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teens were demolished, while a third was sealed off.
The homes of Hussam Kawasme, who was arrested last month and admitted to planning the attack, and Amer Abu Aysha, accused of carrying out the kidnapping and murder, were demolished on Aug. 17, the Israel Defense Forces said in a statement.
The Hebron home of Marwan Kawasme, Hussam’s brother, was sealed off and is set to be demolished. Marwan Kawasme had been freed in the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange.
Hussam Kawasme of Hebron was apprehended last month while attempting to flee to Jordan under a false identity with the help of his family. He reportedly admitted to serving as the leader of the cell that perpetrated the murders of Gilad Shaar, Naftali Fraenkel and Eyal Yifrach. He said that funding for the attack, which he used to buy weapons, came from Hamas in Gaza.
The demolition order was issued by the IDF in mid-June and was carried out after three appeals to Israel’s High Court of Justice. The court affirmed the IDF’s position regarding its intent to demolish the houses.
The bodies of the three teens were discovered June 30 in a shallow grave in a field near Hebron, 18 days after they were kidnapped and murdered. — jta