Dress it Up, which provides new or “gently used” dresses for middle-school girls of diverse backgrounds, is holding its first party May 11 for sixth-graders at a school in San Francisco. Donations of dresses or funds to purchase dresses are being sought.
Drop-off locations are:
• Peninsula Sinai Congregation, 499 Bo0thbay Ave., Foster City
• Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School, 800 Foster City Blvd., Foster City
• Congregation Beth Jacob, 1550 Alameda de las Pulgas, Redwood City
• Congregation Beth Emek, 3400 Nevada Court, Pleasanton
• Charlotte Wood Middle School, 600 El Capitan Drive, Danville
Donations can be taken to the main offices, of all but Wornick, where they will be accepted at the front desk.
Dress it Up was started by two Bay Area girls for their b’nai mitzvah. For more information visit www.dressitup4girls.org or their Facebook page, which is Dressitup Sammy-Joey.